Sunday, April 30, 2006

Everything you ever wanted and then some is on the Internet


Including a Hissing Madagascar cockroach "broach" that comes complete with a bejeweled cockroach with a little leash for you to wear and keep track of him. Check it out at Black Chandelier.

Worked at SS on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Not too bad except for Saturday. WE got slammed on Saturday by the walk-in traffic. Great for my new boss and her business, but suck for the rest of us! It was kind of a madhouse for about 2 hours, because it's the end of the month, we're getting ready to change the workstations to the new menu, so things were running low in anticipation of that. We did manage to get everyone everything that they wanted, which is what it's all about in the end. The May menu looks more appetizing to me than the April one, but I think it's just my opinionated palate, because most people seemed to like the recipes. I plan on actually trying some of the May meals, and I'll let you know how they taste.

Getting my stuff ready for class tomorrow...finishing homework... ironing...yee.ha. Chef said he was going to switch us up into different teams and into different stations. I'm sure all of us, except for the one who is already paired with Japanime, are crossing our fingers, toes and whatever other body parts we can that we don't get paired up with her. Part of me feels like I should feel bad about this and I should take the higher road and be more helpful, but I think I'm too tired to be helpful. I'm wondering if I'm going to be always tired for the next year and a half, and the prospect is less than pleasing for sure. I'm really hoping the ol' bod can regroup and get used to this new schedule. It's damn hard going from a mainly sedentary career to standing for hours, days on end.

Whine, whine, whine, can I have some cheese with that? A nice Gorgonzola maybe?

1 comment:

ninjapoodles said...

Retinas
burned
roach-on-a-leash
Ugh.