Sunday, February 05, 2006

Whipped!


And beaten is how I feel right now...so damned tired and I still have to read a couple of chapters for tomorrow...one is on insect and rodent infestations. Tasty. Tomorrow, we have guests for class: a health department inspector and a pest control person. I'm really hoping the guy doesn't bring live bug specimens. I'm not wigged out about most bugs, but I really, really, really dislike cockroaches.

Anyway, I sort of picked up a cooking gig for a retired lady. Went to her place on Thursday and did a trial run of 5 meals. She's got some health issues, so I was trying to cook with an eye towards healthy. I think it went pretty well, if I do say so myself, and she seemed to be happy with the menu. I was bone tired after I finished my 5 hours at her place...I think being nervous about it made me even more tired.

So, I left feeling pretty please with what I had accomplished until Saturday morning when I sat bolt upright in bed and realized that I had packed a whole bunch of tomato-based things in aluminum foil containers. Idiot! But, I couldn't find anything else that I could use to freeze and have her re-heat in...I did a little agonizing over that and talked with The Man, who had reminded me on countless occasions not to cover something leftover with foil...I do it because I am plastic wrap impaired. Anyway, I think we came to the conclusion that the freezing would nullify the chemical reaction or at least slow it down...after all, Stouffer's puts their lasagne in foil containers and if it's Stouffers, it's gotta be good!

No comments: