Saturday, October 07, 2006

Happy Anniversary, Baby!



Today is the anniversary of that really, really unseasonably cold day in October when The Man and I were united in unholy matrimony (there are days, people, there are days!).

Thanks again to all of you who know us in real life and came to celebrate with us. I hope you had a great time, and if you're the person who gave us a tray with a card that didn't have your name on it, I've been wondering who that was for years and hating the fact that someone might think I'm a unmannered boor for not having sent a thank you note. We really like it, and I've used it several times. : )

According to this list, the traditional 6th anniversary gift is iron and the modern version is "wood objects." I ask you, what the hell kind of wood objects would be suitable for an anniversary gift? Maybe our very own set of quarterstaffs (or, would that be "buck and a quarter quarterstaffs?"), and we could look like this:



Or this:



(Note that these are not uncommon scenes at our house...)

I'll leave it up to your imaginations as to who is who in these illustrations..."Ho! HaHa! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!"

If you read further down the aforementioned list, you'll notice that if you stick it out for 100 years, you get a 10-carat diamond. Who has time to be married a 100 years? I'm just holding out for the 32nd--"conveyances" is the gift. Is that when I'll finally get my Porsche? More likely a turbo golf cart so I can terrorize other retirees at the Home.

Happy Anniversary Day to The Man, who's put up with a lot over these past 6 years and been pretty solid about it, as well as making me laugh so hard at times that I almost pee my pants. (TMI, I know, but sometimes you just have to be here...or not, if you have a delicate stomach.) You're the best, baby, and here's to reaching the 32-year mark! I need a Porsche! Or at the very least, that damn golf cart...

"Oh how jolly can you get....tee hee.. it is to laugh!"

1 comment:

Kim said...

Happy anniversary, may you have many more great years together.