Thursday, October 19, 2006

Happy Blogthday!



Wow--has it really been a whole year since I started blathering on in cyberspace? Whodathunkit? Time does fly when you are whisking mayonnaise, making "dirt sauce", and mutilating chickens in various manners.

I must admit that it's been very cathartic to to bitch and moan to the world wide web, and I appreciate any and all commentary (hint, hint!) on my ramblings.

Today is also a special day for other reasons...although any day you HAVE to eat cake, like an anniversary or birthday of sorts, is usually a special enough reason, don't you think? I've got a job interview this morning, and it might be something that totally changes the immediate future.

I've got some incredibly mixed feelings about this, but baby needs a new pair of kitchen clogs,
and to get them, I might have to re-join the workforce for awhile. If it works out that way, I do have a plan to continue with the culinary stuff, so I won't be totally giving up the cheffing dream. And, it could all be for naught, because they might decide I'm not right for the job. Ack! I've not interviewed for a job in forever, so I hope I'm not too much of a putz, and I guess I can always list "makes killer party trays" as part of my qualifications...it's always good to have someone in the office who can put together a staff party, don't ya think? (I'll leave off the part about making a mean dirt sauce just in case...) (And, who knew Emeril had his own brand of clogs? Cookware is one thing, and I know Mario Battali is married to his orange Crocs, but, but, but...nevermind. Bam!)

Anyway, I've got a new suit and some comfy dress shoes, and I'll let you know how it goes. Just cross your fingers that it works out for the best, no matter which way the cookie crumbles. : )


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Even though my new job was just a transfer to a differnet department, it still gave me the heebie-jeebies when I had to interview.

LinC said...

Go, Poodle, Go! And besides, at least you got a trip to Chicago out of it.

LinC said...

P.S.

Happy Poodlevania birthday! As I told you before, I think you are a natural born blogger. Shame you can't get paid to blog (except in the political arena where blog-hacks are everywhere).

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I would love to hear more about what's going on these days offline. Email me! JTig