Sunday, November 13, 2005

Jambalaya, crawfish pie, poodle gumbo!


An actual productive Sunday of sorts!! Scoured the kitchen from top to bottom and made this awesome Crockpot Jambalaya...who knew you could throw all that stuff in a crockpot for 4 hours and have a pretty fine meal. Take that, Emeril! Bam on your ass!

I have watched quite a few cooking shows this past week and weekend, and I must say that I really do adore Paula Dean...she's my kinda cook...licks her fingers and starts most recipes with "take a stick of butter." Plus, her restaurant in Savannah is divine. Some might turn up their collective foodie noses at the idea of Southern-style cooking, but obiviously, they have never had the woman's ooey gooey butter cake, much less her fried chicken and fried green tomatoes. We only go 'round once in this life, and I know I'm way too "round," but I am going to enjoy it while I can. Not looking forward to those Ensure years, I tell ya!

No comments: