Sunday, February 12, 2006

I give up...surrender...throw up my hands in disgust


I finally finished the HACCP plan project I've been working on for weeks. It's been the biggest pain in the ass, because all of us have no real idea of what we are supposed to be doing with it and how much is too much to include because the damn thing can only be 10 pages long...and it has to be double-spaced. Nothing quite like setting the impossible standard.

Then, there's the family shit. I want to be an orphan so damn bad that I can't stand it. Wednesday, My sister calls to tell me her version of the story...why she and my mom are into it and why my nephew's been carted off for psychiatric evaluation. Sigh. Then, I get email from my mother about her side of the story. People! I do not have time to deal with this! I have just finished that damned ServSafe exam and have to finish this insane HACCP plan which counts for a LARGE PART OF MY GRADE. So, I write her back, tell her sorry she and my sister are on the outs and that I've been sort of out of it because of school work and haven't had time to deal with the situation. Sounds innocuous enough doesn't it? Please.

I get a snotty email back that she wasn't asking for help, blah, blah, blah. Gah! Then I get the old "won't contact you again, have a nice life" crap...if only this could be true. "I'm removing your email address from my email." Yeah, like you know how. And, the final kicker--"You've been treating me badly for the last 7 years, and I don't know why." Funny, how it keeps growing, the length of time that *I* have treated her badly. This is the woman who's let her diabetes get so out of control that she claims that she doesn't remember things she's said or done to me and The Man. Nasty and rude things that she has said. And, when we point this out to her as a possible reason why we don't want to come around her any more, she denies ever having said them. What--you think we would make up this stuff? Like I don't have better things to do.

Sigh. I could rant for a great long while about the nuttiness that is my family, but why bother? There are people who have it worse than I do and probably have much better blogs about it. Besides, it'll happen again...I won't ever truly be able to escape them. The last stretch was from May to September last year. 5 whole months. Of bliss. I should be so lucky again.

No comments: